Are you ready for a treat that’s rich, chocolaty, and has a seasonal twist? We’ve partnered with Sylvie Shirazi of the Gourmande in the Kitchen blog for a decadent treat that’s flavored with pure Young Living essential oils!
This recipe is simply perfect to impress your guests during the holidays. Enjoy!
Prep. time: 30 minutes, plus time to cool
Makes a dozen truffles
- 6 ounces dark chocolate (at least 50 percent cacao), finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon Yacon Syrup
- 1/3 cup coconut milk
- Pinch of sea salt
- 2 drops Cinnamon Bark essential oil
- 2 drops Ginger essential oil
- 1 drop Clove essential oil
- 1 drop Nutmeg essential oil
- Unsweetened cocoa powder for rolling
- Place the chopped chocolate in a heat-proof bowl and set aside.
- Combine the coconut oil, Yacon Syrup, coconut milk, and salt in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer (do not boil).
- Pour mixture over reserved chopped chocolate. Let stand for 1–2 minutes, and then stir gently until completely melted and smooth.
- Stir in the essential oils.
- Refrigerate until mixture is just set, about 2 hours.
- With a small scoop or spoon, make 12 balls, rolling each between the palms of your hands to smooth.
- Place about 1/4 cup of cocoa powder in the bottom of a shallow plate or dish. Roll each truffle in the cocoa until coated.
- Refrigerate for at least 15 minutes to firm and serve.
- Truffles can be refrigerated in an airtight container up to 2 weeks; let stand at room temperature 10 minutes before serving.
What other treats will you serve alongside these dark chocolate gingerbread truffles? Let us know your favorite pairings in the comments!
Powered by WPeMatico