With a prayerful heart I was looking over my notebook – the one from many of the posts here and talk about different principles related to health – and the word “Renew” seemed to be a recurrent theme. So I decided to look at it more in-depth.
I like to look at the definition – and using the 1828 Dictionary gives us Biblical definitions and verses so that’s a huge plus!
RENEW‘, verb transitive [Latin renovo; re and novo, or re and new.]
1. To renovate; to restore to a former state, or to a good state, after decay or depravation; to rebuild; to repair.
Asa renewed the altar of the Lord. 2 Chronicles 15:8.
2. To re-establish; to confirm.
Let us go to Gilgal and renew the kingdom there. 1 Samuel 11:14.
3. To make again; as, to renew a treaty or covenant.
4. To repeat; as, to renew expressions of friendship; to renew a promise; to renew an attempt.
5. To revive; as, to renew the glories of an ancestor or of a former age.
6. To begin again.
The last great age renews its finish’d course.
7. To make new; to make fresh or vigorous; as, to renew youth; to renew strength; to renew the face of the earth.
Psalms 103:5. Isaiah 40:31. Psalms 104:30.
8. In theology, to make new; to renovate; to transform; to change from natural enmity to the love of God and his law; to implant holy affections in the heart; to regenerate.
Be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind. Romans 12:1. Ephesians 4:23.
So much good stuff here!
I looked up all the verses and realized that I want a place that will facilitate “renewal.” I want them to be restored, to be made new and to be transformed. But not from me!
Isaiah 40:31 But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
So I’m looking for a name for my dream wellness center and trying to figure out how to best incorporate the word “Renew”
Do you have an idea? Let me know in the comments…